Britain has held its nerve, the Chancellor of the Exchequer has stuck to his Plan A, and the UK economy is on the mend as a result! Thanks to George Osborne’s decision to ignore the advice of Shadow Chancellor Ed Balls and change course, the UK economy is now growing again.
There is still a long way to go, no doubt about it, and things are still tough for hard-working families up and down the country, including in Billericay and Basildon. This is why Conservatives will not let up in our determination to make sure we put right all that went wrong in our economy during the dark days of Labour’s economic mismanagement, both as a national government and also our local Conservative Administration at Basildon Council.
Unlike the unbalanced economy Labour bequeathed to us, our Coalition Government is making sure we have an economy that works for all. That is why we have:
- Cut the deficit by a third.
- Helped create 1.3 million new private sector jobs over the last three years.
- Reduced crime by more than 10%.
- Cut net immigration by more than a third.
- Gave an Income Tax cut for 25 million hard-working families and capped welfare so that no-one can claim more in out-of-work benefits than the average family can earn through honest hard work.
Tony Ball’s administration at Basildon Council is doing its bit to help hard-working local residents by keeping the Council Tax low and making sure we fight for value for local taxpayers’ money while at the same time delivering real investment, particularly in Billericay High Street and local facilities like Lake Meadows.